HEIGHTS PARK N.A. BOARD MEMBERS
We wanted to let you know that we once again have all seats on the HPNA Board filled. We have been without a Vice President for quite a while, but we’re happy to welcome Jeff Davis as our new VP. Jeff visited our last board meeting and agreed to serve, helping us promote our neighborhood programs. Thanks, Jeff!
FIFTH ANNUAL EPIPHANY CRAWFISH BOIL
Saturday, May 2nd, 2015 from 1-5 PM
Church of the Epiphany, 421 Custer Road, Richardson, Tx. 75080
- $25 for all you can eat…
- Crawfish from Fruge’s with corn and potatoes cooked by the Epiphany Crawfish Team
- Cajun Sausage cooked on the “Iron Maiden” by The Brotherhood of St. Andrews
- BBQ Brisket and Pulled Pork from Knight’s BBQ
- BBQ Ribs from Mama Faye’s
- Cajun Meatballs & Rice from Lupe Boudreax’s Texicajun Party
- $5 for Hot Dogs and Chips for the kids
Buy tickets now at epiphanyrichardson.eventbrite.com
This is an outdoor event, so bring a lawn chair, a pop up tent and stay for a while and enjoy live blues music by Aaron Burton! Come hungry, bring your friends and family and enjoy a Saturday afternoon on the church lawn. We’ll have plenty of activities for children, including a bounce house, playground, and if they want, they can be a part of the crawfish sorting fun!
All proceeds from the event benefit Missions and Outreach.
Church of the Epiphany, 421 Custer Road, Richardson, Tx. 75080
For the May 9, 2015, Joint Election
If you live in Richardson, DALLAS COUNTY
What’s on my ballot?
Richardson residents in Dallas County will vote for Richardson City Council Places 1-6 and for Mayor (Place 7). All registered voters in the City of Richardson are eligible to vote for candidates in all 7 places.
Note: The Richardson Independent School District’s Board of Trustees Election has been cancelled due to unopposed candidates.
Where do I vote?
EARLY VOTING: April 27, 2015 – May 5, 2015
During early voting, registered voters in the City of Richardson may vote at any early voting location within Dallas County.
The only early voting location within the City of Richardson is: Richardson Civic Center , 411 W. Arapaho Road, Richardson, TX 75080
Hours for Early Voting and additional Early Voting locations can be located by visiting the Dallas County Elections Department Website at www.DallasCountyVotes.org
ELECTION DAY VOTING: May 9, 2015, 7am-7pm
Most residents of Heights Park would vote on May 9th at Richardson Heights Elementary School, 101 N. Floyd Rd. (Precinct 2507)
For more Dallas County election information, visit the Dallas County Elections website
YARD OF THE MONTH
RULES TO WIN BY!
- Residents & Judges may nominate any yard in the neighborhood including their own yard for Yard of the Month.
- All entries must be in by the 20th of the month preceding the month of the award. Nominations will then be given to the YOM judges and they will vote by the 25th. The Yard with the most votes will be given YOM award.
- Nominations can be submitted online on the HPNA website (HeightsPark.com) or by simply submitting the address of the home you nominate to Lynda Leverett (Environmental Chair) or any HPNA board member.
- Yard of the Month winners may win only one time per 12 months (Jan thru Dec).
- YOM awards run May through December, with October and December being designated as Decorated YOM (instead YOM). Please see below regarding Decorated YOM.
- Votes need to be in by Saturday evening the 2nd weekend of October or December. No nominations, only votes. The yard that gets the most votes will have the decorated YOM sign placed in their yard.
- Decorated means outside decor to enhance the home for fall or Halloween or December holidays.
- Nominees must live in Heights Park neighborhood.
- Nominees must be in good standing with the city and not be in violation of any city codes.
Factors for Judging YOM
- Visual Attractiveness – from the public street or sidewalk
- Creativity – personal touches such as yard art, bird feeders, dry river beds, fountains, pathways, design, etc.
- Overall maintenance – well-maintained yard
The YOM Judges will award/announce the winner early in the month. They’ll also provide the addresses of the honorable mentions.
A gift card will be awarded to the first place YOM winner each month.
Nomination form and photos of previous winners can be found on our HPNA website:
Why should you care?
- An informative HPNA website
- Email updates of important events/newsworthy items affecting our neighborhood
- Active Volunteer Citizen Patrollers to keep our crime down!
- Assist with the Crimewatch Program through the Police Department
- Newsletters distributed to all residences
- Active Block Representative network
- Flag lease program for members
- Monthly Yard of the Month Program
- Participation in City of Richardson Neighborhood Vitality Program and other neighborhood enhancement programs (sign toppers, bridge enhancements, entry features)
- Maintain partnerships with other Neighborhood Associations and HOAs throughout the city
- Annual neighborhood events: OctoberFest, 2 General meetings with programs, Volunteer party, etc.
- Representation at monthly meetings with the City Manager’s office, City Council, and other HOA Presidents.
And probably the most important reason…
- HPNA serves as a conduit to City Hall and the Chamber of Commerce on issues affecting our neighborhood. We have a strong voice at City Hall.
- Membership in our neighborhood association is a bargain at only $20/year.
- Participation in the Flag Program is $40/year (but you must be an HPNA Member)
- Total for both = $60
- Payments via PayPal or check (see below for website info)
We accept checks or payment via PayPal. Cash is accepted at the General Meetings. (see info below regarding website and mailing address)So please become a member of our association and be a part of the solution. If you know your neighbor isn’t a member, ask them why. Thank you.
SIGN UP HERE…
You can learn about all kinds of neighborhood activity on Next Door Heights Park https://heightspark.nextdoor.com
as well as our Facebook page and HPNA website. Stay informed about what’s going on around us! There’s a lot happening!And if you know of someone who isn’t on our email list (receiving these periodic updates), or isn’t an HPNA member, tell them to send us a note via email@example.com or visit our website to sign up.
HPNA 2015 SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
(mark your calendars)
- February 5 (Thursday, 7:00 p.m.): General Meeting, Election, Program
- Late June: Newsletter Delivered
- July 23 (Thursday, 7:00 p.m.): General Meeting, Program
- September: Date TBD: HPNA Volunteer Party
- Early October: Newsletter Delivered
- October 24 (Saturday, 11:30 – 1:30): OctoberFest in Heights Park
ARE YOU A MEMBER?
Check out the Are You Current?
page. The membership list will come up; look for your house address. See what year you show as your Paid Membership. If you’re current on your dues, you’ll see 2015.